It has come to a point in my birth doula practice, that I’m no longer accepting new birth doula clients due to my midwifery apprenticeship.
I’d be more than happy to give you referrals to other birth doulas that will assist you and your family! These doulas will have my similar qualities of skills and experience, providing excellence in care. Please, contact me if I may be of assistance in finding your birth doula!
When looking for a doula you might want to consider what they have to offer, the level of training they have received, their certifying agency along with their experience. You may also feel comfortable and find it practical with hiring a birth doula in training.
Birth doula preparation & labor support services should include, but not limited to:
- Two prenatal appointments
- Support during entire labor and birth
- One – two postnatal visits
- Accompanying you with to one provider care prenatal appointment
- Breastfeeding support
- On call 24/7 starting at 37 weeks until you deliver
- Unlimited email, text, and phone support (available for any questions or concerns you may have)
- Written Birth Story
- “Father’s to Be Handbook” by Patrick Houser or other related books
- AromaTouch® Technique
- First & Second Prenatal Appointments: Your prenatal planning discussions should be tailored to fit your personal desires and goals.
- Labor and Birth: Assisting you when you are ready, whether it is at home in early labor, meeting you at your birth place or at your planned home birth. Providing comforting physical relief with positive encouragement. Being mindful of women’s amazing strengths and their body’s powerful essence. Women who are relaxed are more easily able to allow their bodies to release its own sedatives/hormones for a more grounded and peaceful labor. Going with the flow of birth is achievable, although some turns may be necessary. Making every effort to assist you in reaching your envisioned birth and providing the necessary support for a rewarding experience. Staying after your birth until you and baby have are nestled in.
- First Postnatal Appointment: This visit will usually take place three – five days after birth. Helping with any postpartum needs and making sure breastfeeding and everything is going smoothly. Processing your birth with you.
- 2nd Postnatal Appointment: This visit is two – three weeks postpartum. Making sure you, baby and the entire family are transitioning beautifully. Ideally helping you to be confident in your parenting role and bonding as a strong family..
(c) SBD 2013 – 2018